5.17.2011

The Sims 3

I played "the sims 3" on my new Wii a few days ago. The experience was really amazing, and I have to say, it is a great game! Yes, it's the first game that I've ever played that I called great, because it's not simply a game but something about life. To me, it enclosed some true side of life that one has to focus on only a few things if one wants to get successful in some field; that it is extremely hard or even impossible for one to be successful in all the fields; that one has to learn to give something interesting up, as it's irrelevant to one's goal or the so-called "life-wish" in the game; and so on so forth.
So, I came to the idea that maybe it would also be great if we could base a similar model, through which people could learn how to succeed in communication, just like what I did in "The Sims", the sim met some other sims, talking, trying to analyse the conversation partner, and then responding in a proper way, of course, by choosing among a few options. But then, I realized that it might be impossible to realize, because there couldn't be a fixed answer. For sure some person with specific personalities would prefer to getting some specific responses; nevertheless these responses could change under differing circumstances or with the uncertainty of the emotions of the conversation partners. I guess we have all been there that sometimes we couldn't believe it's us that said this or did that, the well-known saying "OMG, is that me?!"
So, this is the human language, the marvelous and interesting human language. Only when you think you understand and get it, you realize that it's still a mystery. But you still couldn't stopping following it to see more, because you always want to know more.
So, yes, that's what I am doing, and I do love these stuff!

No comments: